The saw-tooth roofed extension to TAA's original Hangar 8 (extreme left) is well illustrated in this view. Hangar 7 is to the extreme right. The aeroplane is Lockheed Lodestar VH-TAY Lindsay which entered service with TAA out of Cairns in July 1952 but was withdrawn from service less than a year later in June 1953. It is likely that TAA porter, Henry Pryor, took this photo soon after 24 June 1952 when the Lodestar arrived in Brisbane after overhaul by TAA at Essendon.
Photo: Henry W. Pryor (HP070)